We offer 2 types Oil analysis services to complement your Reliability Centred Maintenance programme.
- Route based Oil analysis survey on critical plant (especially low speed gearboxes)
- Oil labs service to analyse your own oil samples.
Our labs can carry out oil and grease sampling and also filtration services if required.
- Full spectrographic analysis of wear metals, oil additives, contaminants by ICP (ASTM D5185). Readings are given in ppm (parts per million).
- Total ferrous debris (FW/PQ), including large particles using a 51FW meter.
- Units are dimensionless. Viscosity at 40oC (ASTM D445). Units in Centistokes (cSt). TIM (Total Insoluble Matter) given as '% insoluble'.
- Infrared analysis of engine samples to monitor oil condition and degradation. Reported as '% allowable'. ‘Caterpillar method.
- Water analysis (ASTM D1744).
The following are also carried out at the discretion of the interpreter:
Fuel contamination by closed-cup flash point (ASTM D3278)
Anti-freeze by wet chemical analysis,
Ferrography & Wear Debris Analysis are carried out when necessary
Photographic evidence can also be included to support/record the findings
- TAN & TBN are also available to IP177/400 Particle Counting to ISO 4406 is available.
- Coolant analysis. Bespoke. Diesel fuel analysis. Bespoke. Brake fluid analysis.
- Bespoke. Grease analysis.
- Bespoke. Transformer oil analysis.
- Bespoke Thermography.
The report comes with a recommendation if required. This is based on knowledge of similar or known components, derived from many years of experience in the oil analysis field. The standard report layout is typically in PDF format,(See Sample) and is e-mailed to facilitate a fast turnaround. See: Sample report to read what to expect in a oil testing report. Clients of Oil Check or Emerson software can import directly into their own databases, created automatically. This enables easy handling and management of data.
Our Labs work to ISO9001:2008 and BS EN ISO14001:2004 standards